Terms & Conditions for Edge on Science LLC
I. Code of Conduct for Participants:
As the responsible registering adult, I have reviewed the following code of conduct with my participating
student and he/she understands that they will be expected to follow it. Edge on Science LLC staff reserve
the right to dismiss my student, from any program, for violating this Code of Conduct. Parents and legal
guardians must also abide by this code of conduct. Dismissal will not result in any refunds.
1. Be safe, follow directions, and respect others and their property.
2. The following is not allowed
- bullying or any other sort of harassment
- the use of any tobacco, tobacco-like or vaping products
- using, possessing, or being under the influence of any illegal or not-prescribed substance
- accessing or sharing, inappropriate or restricted material
- living creatures of any sort, with the possible exception of a service dog
- weapons …leave that cool pocket knife, that grandpa gave you, at home!
- lasers of any sort
II. Health and Safety
1. I accept that, with any activity, there is the possibility of injury.
2. Adult staff must pass a comprehensive background check.
3. Program leaders are Red Cross certified, in Adult & Pediatric First Aid and CPR.
4. I accept that it is my responsibility for the following:
- to disclose any special needs or restrictions for the safety and enjoyment of my student
- to provide two, local adult emergency contacts
- to see that my student’s vaccinations are up to date
- that my student is in good health and capable of program participation
5. The following is required:
- sturdy, closed toe, lace-up footwear when on dry land
- water shoes for our marine program, Whales n’ Things, when at the beach
- a filled, refillable water bottle each day
- weather appropriate, active wear, including a hat
- sunscreen, as deemed necessary by the parent or legal guardian
6. I authorize Edge on Science LLC staff to administer basic first aid and/or to seek emergency medical aid as
deemed necessary. I also agree to be solely, financially responsible for any and all potential costs
associated with such administration and aid.
7. I understand that any medication, whether over-the-counter or prescribed, cannot be administered to
my student, without written permission from me, as the parent/legal guardian, or their physician. The
administration of any medication shall be in accordance with the medication itself or as directed, in
writing, by the prescribing physician.
Rules and Guidelines in Relation to Safely Operating During Our Response to COVID-19
1. If your child is sick, they must stay home.
2. Upon arrival on campus and before your child is allowed to continue to their classroom, they must pass through a centralized health monitoring station and not be exhibiting symptoms for COVID-19. An authorized adult must bring your child to the campus and wait until cleared to stay. This only takes a minute or so. Pick-up at the end of the day is easy and fast. As soon as you arrive and park, you remain in your vehicle while your child is escorted to you for a touch-less sign-out.
3. Physical distancing and mask wearing will be in accordance to current federal, state, local, campus and/or Edge on Science, LLC directives.
4. Your child must come to our program with their own mask and personal sanitizer. We will also have a supply of masks and sanitizer on hand.
5. Children must come with their own bag lunch, snacks and drinks. Campus vending machines will be off limits. There will be no sharing of food or drink. Each day, send your child with a full refillable water bottle. This would be in addition to other drinks they may want. Hydration is critical.
6. Should your child not be feeling well, they will be separated from the rest of the group and a designated adult must come and get them.
7. Each program will have its own group of children and will not convene with other children from another group, except as allowed by federal, state, local, campus and/or Edge on Science, LLC directives.
8. If your child is signed up for before or after care, they must be prepared to read or otherwise occupy themselves during this time, while maintaining physical distancing.
9. Children will be expected to reasonably adhere to scheduled bathroom breaks, to avoid unnecessary single trips. Hand washing and avoiding common touch points will be reviewed. For instance, it is possible to enter a bathroom, use a toilet or urinal, wash your hands and never touch anything.
10. Our programs are project-based experiences and where individual projects are concerned, like a model rocket, bridge or catapult, each child will have their own computer, materials, supplies and in most cases tools.
11. Rigorous protocol and compliance works. During the pandemic, Edge on Science LLC has successfully run over 350 child-camp-weeks, with no known cases of COVID-19 infection.
12. US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved disinfectant will be on hand, for staff, to wipe down items as necessary.
13. Each child must have their own personal hand sanitizer that meets CDC specifications, to use in the moment as needed.
14. We can all have fun, but overtly boisterous behavior will not be allowed.
15. While our staff will go over these rules and guidelines with the children in their respective program, parents/legal guardians must also review these with their children before attending a program, with the understanding that failure to comply, can result in their separation from the group, including having to be picked up, to go home. This will be at the discretion of the Lead Instructor, for a particular program.
16. Generally, having respect for each other and each other’s property will go a long way in ensuring a safe, memorable and fun time for all 🙂
17. Your primary contact for all matters pertaining to COVID-19, in relation to our programs, will be Program Director, John Aviste, P.Eng. He may be reached on his mobile phone at (315) 486-2289 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Edge on Science, LLC requires that its staff be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccination and boosted, at least two weeks before starting work.
19. Although parents / legal guardians must assume responsibility for their child’s participation in an Edge on Science, LLC program, it bears emphasizing, that even though reasonable care will be taken to adhere to CDC, state, local Board of Health and hosting university or college guidelines and/or Edge on Science, LLC directives, there is always the risk of becoming infected by COVID-19 or any communicable disease, and knowing this, parents, legal guardians and adult associates of theirs, must assume this risk, for themselves and their children, and not hold Edge on Science, LLC, its Administration, Staff, and host University or College responsible for such infection.
III. Sign-in and Sign-out Procedure
1. Except as allowed by law and the parent/guardian, students must be signed in and signed out each
day by a designated adult, who must be prepared to produce photo ID.
2. Pick-up at the end of the day is easy and fast. As soon as you arrive and park, you remain in your vehicle while your child is escorted to you for a touch-less sign-out.
IV. Audio, Visual and Media Release
1. I give permission for my student to be photographed, videotaped, audio recorded and/or asked for a
written testimonial and understand that these media and written assets will only be used to promote or
showcase Edge on Science, LLC programs and are the sole property of Edge on Science, LLC.
2. I also give permission to media outlets, including, but not limited to television, radio and print, to
feature my student, by name or otherwise, in their coverage of an Edge on Science, LLC program.
V. Personal Items Brought to a Session
1. Edge on Science, LLC staff and the hosting institution are not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged or left
behind personal items, including medications.
VI. Special Needs
1. If your student has special needs and normally has an aide at school, then you will be responsible for
providing an aide for the duration of a session.
2. The aide must be an adult, not a family member, pass a background check and be interviewed by the
program director, at least three weeks before the beginning of the session you have registered for.
3. I understand that Edge on Science LLC does not specialize in special needs and as such, some programs
may not be suitable. Your student must be willing and able to participate in your chosen program.
VIII. International Participants
1. Remember that we run day programs, and as parent or guardian, you are responsible for arranging all
aspects of travel, including accommodations and transportation once your student is in the
United States. There needs to be a responsible adult, who is locally available, in the case of an emergency.
2. Your student must be proficient in the English language.
3. If you have not already done so, contact Edge on Science LLC, to be sure that your expectations will be
met and that the particular program you have chosen is a good fit for your student.
IX. Payment Policy and Registration
1. All transactions and quotes are in United States Dollars.
2. Cancellations made more than 30 days, before the start of a session, are eligible for a refund of the
total paid, less $175.00 per week-long session or less $75.00 for each one, two or three-day session.
3. Cancellations made within 30 days of the start of a session, are not eligible for a refund.
4. Summer program or camp cancellation insurance is recommended. This insurance is not offered
by Edge on Science, LLC.
5. There are no refunds for missed days or no-shows, during a session.
6. If available, you may switch to an alternate program. A $50.00 change fee may apply, in addition to
any applicable adjustment in cost.
7. Coupons may not be combined, have no cash value and are only good for the year or season
they are being issued for.
8. Coupons may only be applied, when paying in full, at the time of registration.
9. If a check is returned or a card transaction not honored, then a $40.00 fee will be due.
10. If you choose a payment plan, using a debit or credit card, you are authorizing Stripe, the card
processing company for Edge on Science LLC, to make automatic monthly charges to your account. An initial
deposit of $200.00 is required at the time of registration. The balance is automatically divided into equal
monthly payments, charged on the first of each month. Your total balance must be paid by May 1 for
the upcoming summer season. Coupons may not be combined with the Payment Plan option.
11. After securing your spot in one or more sessions, you must fill out the Registration Form. This is where you
enter critical information, like the names of adults authorized to pick up your child, emergency contact information and so on. While this form need not be filled out right away, it must be filled out before the start of your selected session(s), to complete your registration.
12. Registered before May 25, 2022: You will receive a refund for any COVID-19 related reason. To offset a portion of our expenses, your refund will be equal to the amount paid for lost days, less $100. And registered after May 25, 2022: You will receive a credit towards a future Edge on Science program equal to the amount paid for lost days, less $100.
X. Course Cancellation by Edge on Science LLC Policy
1. I understand that Edge on Science, LLC has the right to cancel any course and if an agreeable alternate
session is not available, then a complete refund will be made.
2. Cancellation or day(s) lost, due to an act of God or other event beyond our control, will be nonrefundable.
XI. Assignment of Instructors
1. To accommodate unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to reassign an instructor.
XII. Indemnification Agreement
1. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Edge on Science, LLC, its officers, directors, employees, and agents,
harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without
limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with my
participating student(s) participation in an Edge on Science, LLC program.
XIII. Arbitration Agreement
1. In the event of any disagreement or problem, I agree to first work it out with the program owner and
at most, submit to binding arbitration by a mutually agreeable arbitrator, to be conducted under the
rules of the American Arbitration Association.
XIV. Rights Reserved
1. Edge on Science, LLC reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time.
2. The exact nature and extent of activities for each program may vary from session to session,
depending on the character and interests of a particular group of students. Other factors, like weather,
may also change things up.
3. Most sessions involve a project that your student gets to keep at the end of the week. How well
executed a project seems to be is not the end goal. Rather, it is the process and learning, while having fun!
XV. Release of Liability
1. As parent/guardian, I am agreeing to be solely responsible for my student’s participation in
Edge on Science, LLC program(s) and release everyone involved with the program(s) from liability for any and all damages, injuries or loss arising from this participation, except in cases of gross wrong doing.